Pages

Friday 12 December 2014

Saint Mary Mackillop

 Saint Mary Mackillop

I am known as Mary Helen Mackillop I was born in Melbourne
on the  15 January 1842. My parents were born in Scotland and came to live in Australia. She had three sisters and four brothers.I care about people who has no one to look after them such as boys and girls who just roamed the streets , children in the country who had no school to go to, people who were old and sick and people who had no where to live. I wanted more that anything to help these people.I went to work as a teacher in a little country town in south Australia called Penola.I was educated to private school but chiefly by my father who had studied for the priesthood at Rome. To help my family I became in turn a shopgirl ,  a governess and at Portland a   small boarding school for girls. As I grew to womanhood I was probably influenced by an early friend of the family , father patrick geoghegan , and began to yearn for a strictly penitential form of a  religious life.


By:Melianna.A-T  
 
      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.